Spoiler Warning

SPOILER WARNING!!!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!!!

This blog is about the games that I am currently playing. I will discuss story, character events, and anything else that catches my interest as they happen.

This blog is not intended to be a walkthrough or to be a place for tips/tricks. These may get mentioned during my ramblings, but that is not the purpose of this blog.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Dynasty Warriors 7 - Wu To You.

Still alive, believe it or not. I know it’s been a while, again. It seems that I might be in more of a position to get back to a regular update schedule. At least once, maybe twice a day, at least for a little while. I still want to take about Dynasty Warriors 7 some more. That will take up the next 4 posts I believe. Then I’ll be back on to Red Dead Redemption. I have plenty of options on where to go from there. I might even have time to do some of the rants that I’ve been wanting to do. For now, back to Dynasty Warriors.

After I completed the kingdom of Shu I moved on to the kingdome of Wu. Wu’s always felt like the third wheel in this conflict. They’re not depicted as good or bad, they just are. They’re a kingdom that it seems likes to a good fight. The do play a large part in the conflict between Shu and Wei since whoever has Wu on their side typically comes out victorious.

Wu used to have my favorite female character in it. Sun Shang Xang. Sadly they overhauled her in Dynasty Warriors 6 and she lost that tomboy attitude that I liked. Now she’s just another dainty girl out to prove how tough she is in the world of men. Meh, not interested.

The Wu kingdom goes through three rulers during it’s storyline. First is Sun Jian. You never really get to know this guy. He seems proud of his family and then he dies. No big loss. I remember when he would hang around through the entire game. I believe that was called Dynasty Warrios 4. He was also voiced by the excellent Steven j. Blum back then.
Next is Sun Ce. I’ve always liked Sun Ce and there’s no exception here. He’s a fun guy and he seems to inspire the people around him. His death comes to quickly for me, and it comes about in a rather bizarre fashion. Apparently some back guy forces him to deal with the ghosts of his past and then drops a load of archers on him.
Finally we reach Sun Quan and I’m not sure how to pronounce his name anymore. I always that is was pronounced like it was spelled, but in this game is seems to be pronounced Twan. Lots of name corrections in Dynasty Warriors 7. Characters I’ve known for a long time suddenly have odd names.

Quan iis a twat. He comes off as backstabbing and double-dealing.He sends his sister off to marry Liu Bei of Shu, then he turns around and attacks and kills the Shu Officer Guan Yu, even though he knows this this will bring down Shu’s wrath on his country.

That’s the way this guy works. He’s constantly changing sides. But he doesn’t care. As long as he keeps his family and friends safe he’s fine with changing side on a whim. I used to enjoy Wu’s wild card status in the game. Not so much anymore. Sure Quan is fighting for his family. But Liu Bei is trying to create a lan of virtue. Cao Cao is trying to strengthen the people, to teach them to care for themselves. Sun Quan is only protecting his family. It just seems small by comparison.

Next up is Wei.

No comments:

Post a Comment