Spoiler Warning

SPOILER WARNING!!!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!!!

This blog is about the games that I am currently playing. I will discuss story, character events, and anything else that catches my interest as they happen.

This blog is not intended to be a walkthrough or to be a place for tips/tricks. These may get mentioned during my ramblings, but that is not the purpose of this blog.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Undead Nightmare - Mythical Creatures


I would like to point out that no one in the game has used the word “zombie” yet. They’ve been called crazies, undead, the apocalypse, but not zombie.

Loaded up the game again and did some more town liberating. I really need to make a plan. Going up to Dutch’s camp last was a pretty stupid move. I was nearly to Thieves Landing and then I had to go all the way back up to clear the area out. I think it’s time to plot a course or something.

After some town rescues I found myself down at the McFarlane’s Ranch. This place was also overrun with Zombies. A Stranger mission popped up once I entered the Ranch and it couldn’t be accepted until the Ranch was zombie free. So John did his civic duty and cleared the place out. Once the zombies were gone Bonnie comes running out of the house happy to see John alive.

Bonnie tries to get her father to come and say hi to John but won’t respond. Mr. McFarlane has been rounding up zombies and putting them in the barn and he hasn’t been heard from since yesterday. Yeah…that doesn’t bode to well. John volunteers to look for the guy and it’s into the barn he goes. This time it’s filled with zombies instead of being on fire.

Filled might be the wrong word, there are only 4 and they’re really easy to snipe. Once on the ground floor John’s worst feelings are realized. Mr. McFarlane has turned into a zombie. Once again John puts him down and then has to go tell Bonnie the sad news. Maybe I could have hogtied him for a slightly happier outcome…

Once that was cleared I went in search of Seth. I found Seth down by the river playing cards, with a zombie. I shouldn’t be too surprised that Seth is getting along just fine with the undead, he always liked them better then the living anyways. John asks about the glass eye but Seth doesn’t have any answers. He sends John to burn more graveyards. I left Seth to (hopefully) get eaten by his zombie. Crazy old man.

And that was when it happened. I was riding to the graveyard when I received a message that a “mythical creature” had appeared in the area. So I went and investigated. Now I’ve been bummed that I didn’t get Bucky back at the start of this game. You would think that reading the old save file and transferring some data would have been easy, but all of that is about to go away. The mythical creature was a flaming horse. I figured it was a Nightmare. A horse with its hooves and mane on fire and I went out to capture it. The breaking mini-game is still as easy as ever and when I had captured this horse it turns out not to be a Nightmare, but War, one of the horses of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. I actually thought that War was the rider and the horse was named Ruin… Darksiders has told me wrong apparently.

But this horse is awesome. You ride over zombies and they catch on fire. War can still get stuck in a crowd so you have to be careful with him, but he looks sweet. I love this horse. Sorry Bucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment