Spoiler Warning

SPOILER WARNING!!!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!!!

This blog is about the games that I am currently playing. I will discuss story, character events, and anything else that catches my interest as they happen.

This blog is not intended to be a walkthrough or to be a place for tips/tricks. These may get mentioned during my ramblings, but that is not the purpose of this blog.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - Vroom!


So in a random moment of boredom I pulled out a racing. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. Developed by Criterion Games and Published by Electronic Arts. It was released for the PS3 November of 2010. There is no difficulty setting so I’ll just be playing through it normally. My play sessions will probably be few and far between. Apparently we have the Limited Edition version. I don’t know what that means.

I do enjoy racing games. They tend to be a fun distraction and are easy to pick up and put down. One of my all time favorite racing games is Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit for the PlayStation 1. I enjoyed it so much that I got Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit II for my Xbox.

Obviously EA knows a good thing when they see it so they brought back the Hot Pursuit series but for some odd reason didn’t slap a III on the end of it. That’s really what it is, is the third iteration of the Hot Pursuit series. It’s not a reboot; I don’t think you can actually reboot a racing game…

They actually bother to give the game a little bit of a backstory. Racing games with backstory make me laugh a little. I don’t need motivation to drive, just get me to race already and let me have my fun. Instead you are forced to watch the cutscene that explains that racers from all over the world just have to go to Seacrest County and do illegal street racing. Seacrest County has responded by creating a high speed police force to stop them. So the problems has really just escalated over time.

You can play as either a cop or a racer. Your goal is to increase your rank and either becomes an Ultimate Enforcer or Most Wanted. I decided to play as the cop.

I had fun with the police missions where you had to drive down street racers and smash their cars up until they stopped working. I especially enjoyed the time when I smashed some guys car over the side railing of the road and it looked like his car fell off the cliff to the water below. Oops.

Those types of races were fun. Sadly they’re not all like that. I played a few missions where my end goal was to reach a checkpoint in time. Really it’s just to see how well you can handle your car at high speeds. You against the clock type of thing. Not a ton of fun vs. the smashing good time I had chasing street racers.

I have determined that Seacrest County police are out to kill the racers. It seems that whenever I would stop them I would total their car and send it flying. I already mentioned the guy who flew off the cliff, that sort of thing does not seem uncommon.

No comments:

Post a Comment