Spoiler Warning

SPOILER WARNING!!!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!!!

This blog is about the games that I am currently playing. I will discuss story, character events, and anything else that catches my interest as they happen.

This blog is not intended to be a walkthrough or to be a place for tips/tricks. These may get mentioned during my ramblings, but that is not the purpose of this blog.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Red Dead Redemption - The "Peacful" Meeting


I snuck in another mission. I didn’t have much going on so I took twenty minutes, maybe less, and beat another McDougal mission. I really wish I didn’t have to wait for a certain time of day to take missions. When this happens I either find myself sleeping a lot, or I go out into the wilderness looking for trouble and I might eventually get to the mission, 2 hours later, in real time.

So Nastas sets up a meeting between Marston, McDougal and the Native Americans that Dutch rides around with. McDougal is an anthropologist, so he likes to study cultures. He thinks he’s figured out how the Native American culture works and he can’t wait to share it with the natives. I admit that I laughed at Nastas’ comment about how his people can’t wait to hear McDougal’s theories on hundreds of years of culture.

McDougal comes along again on this mission since he thinks it will be a peaceful meeting. I believe that I have mentioned that this guy is a moron. I think Nastas put it best “For a wise man, you are really stupid”, or something along those lines. I do wonder about McDougal’s fate

The meeting, big surprise, is far from peaceful. The Natives we meet with have guns pulled on us the minute we walk in. This time Nastas takes a bullet and goes down, providing the means for Marston to kill their immediate captors. I can only assume that Nastas died from this event.

This is a good, old-fashioned, gun fight followed by a nice chase back to town. We were the ones being chased this time, but McDougal seemed to be able to handle himself, especially when I went off the side of the road and lost track of him for a little. The two Natives chasing him died and I can only assume that McDougal killed them.

Once back in town McDougal states he’s going to take more drugs to calm him nerves. Marston plans to sleep. I think Marston has the right idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment