Spoiler Warning

SPOILER WARNING!!!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!!!

This blog is about the games that I am currently playing. I will discuss story, character events, and anything else that catches my interest as they happen.

This blog is not intended to be a walkthrough or to be a place for tips/tricks. These may get mentioned during my ramblings, but that is not the purpose of this blog.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Round 2!

Played some more Marvel vs Capcom 3 against the wife. She was feeling pretty confident since she kept beating me. We would use the random select to choose our teams and then go at it. It's pretty safe to say that she won every 2 out of 3 battles. I then revealed that I was giving her a 2 star handicap, so she told me to take off the handicap and fight. So I did. I proceeded to win every fight after that.

I'm not saying that I'm great, I'm not. I more often then not button mash my way to victory. I pretty much have no idea what anyone's special moves are or how they are actually activated (besides using the L2 button). But I do play fighting games so I am more familiar with the mechanics then she is. The scary part though is that she still put up a good fight. I didn't turn around and trounce her, I still had to earn my victories. I get the feeling that if she ever put some time into actually learning how to really use a character that she could become a force to be reckoned with. That's pretty cool.

I beat single player mode with Chun Li. I was trying for Spider-Man, but he died right before Galactus went down. Chun Li came in and finished the job so I got her ending. The endings in this game are of the "so bad they're good" category. Apparently Chun Li beat up the Kingpin and arrested him. Seems like an odd way to celebrate after beating a cosmic God. But isn't the Kingpin dead? While I enjoy comics I don't actually keep up with them. I could've sworn that Kingpin died. But so did Jean Grey (again) and she's in the roster. I guess continuity doesn't matter in this game, that's probably a wise decision.

And Asgard is one bizarre stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment