Spoiler Warning

SPOILER WARNING!!!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!!!

This blog is about the games that I am currently playing. I will discuss story, character events, and anything else that catches my interest as they happen.

This blog is not intended to be a walkthrough or to be a place for tips/tricks. These may get mentioned during my ramblings, but that is not the purpose of this blog.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Custom Cover

I bought Castlevania I bought it used. That’s right, I’m not afraid to admit to buying a used game. Gamestop was having a buy two get one free weekend and I was in a position to take advantage of it. I got Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Hey look! They all have subtitles! While the first two were in excellent condition, Castlevania was missing it's case. So I ended up with this floppy feeling black case with a Gamestop advertisement for a cover. Not very attractive looking.
Something similar to this.
But for the PS3 and uglier
This needed to be fixed. I can’t stand ugly covers and I hate my collection not being uniform (to a point at least). Sure I would like to get a hold of some clear PlayStatiion 3 game cases, but that’s harder to pull off. What I can do is print a new game cover. First, I find most cover art to be pretty boring. They typically show a picture of the hero and slap the name on it. Castlevania’s cover isn’t much better.

No, that cover will never do. I needed a new cover. One that will really pop. I found this great place called the Cover Project. There are some custom covers there, but not what I was looking for. They actually don’t even have Castlevania: Lords of Shadow at all, but I really do like the place. So I continued looking. I eventually found one that I liked but it was designed for Europe.
Big file ahead!
Now that was a great start, but I really wanted to cover to look professional. I want people look at it and not immediately realize that it’s a custom cover. So I went looking for all the assets I needed to make it look American. After some additions I decided I finally had what I was looking for, a custom cover for my Castlevania game. Here it is:
This is the cover that I use for my game
Pretty nice huh? I’m happy with it. I like that it's a bit of a throwback to the older Castlevania games.
Gotta love the 80s!
There’s a custom God of War Collection cover up on Cover Projects that I’m thinking about using on my copy of the game. The Collections really have ugly boxart, but I want to cover that a little more in detail later.

No comments:

Post a Comment