Spoiler Warning

SPOILER WARNING!!!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!!!

This blog is about the games that I am currently playing. I will discuss story, character events, and anything else that catches my interest as they happen.

This blog is not intended to be a walkthrough or to be a place for tips/tricks. These may get mentioned during my ramblings, but that is not the purpose of this blog.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow - Courtyards And Hedge Mazes

So I wasn’t able to make it through three more areas, only two this time and the second area made that really tough. But we’re here to talk about the first area and then we’ll worry about the second area.

Chapter VI, I get to run around the vampires’ courtyard. What fun. It’s actually a really simple area, except for the skeletons, they are still nasty customers. The first section is killing Armors, they are nice a simple. I don’t mind fighting them. Then it’s down through a grate where some skeletons are hiding.

As always, skeletons will prove to be a royal pain the rear. Then to make matters worse some vampires will release a warg into the middle of the fight. The warg is your way out of here. Kill the skeletons and tame the warg. The warg goes right up a pillar where you can kill the vampires if you so please, I know that I did. Go ahead and explore up here, it’s well worth it. Once you’re done with that you get to jump down into a hole with more skeletons.

Just power past the skeletons as best as you can and this area is done. I will give points for the warg thing earlier in the area. That was a good bit of fun. If you killed the warg prematurely the vampires just let out a different one arena-combat style. Great way to solve a problem and preventing it from being completely obvious what they are doing.

The next area is the hedge maze and I hate this place. I hate this place because I have to ride a giant spider and there is nothing good about riding a giant spider. EVER! Riding a wolf, boar, Tron-horse, these are all fine, but keep the spider away from me. *shudder*

There is a new type of enemy called Mandragoras in the hedge maze. They are simple little creatures and easy to kill, but they can be dangerous in a group. They just stand there and suck out Gabriel’s life force. You have to kill them quickly or they will team up and slaughter Gabriel. But they die quickly and so you just have to pay attention and you’ll be fine. The giant spider is a deadlier enemy. He’s needed for various locations around the maze. He opens up two doors and creates two web bridges. I had to capture the dumb spider three times since I kept killing him off prematurely.

There’s a little puzzle in here that involves turning statues. If you came here looking for help with them, you came to the wrong place. I have no idea how I beat this puzzle. I just kept turning statues until the all faced forward. I didn’t even need any help. If you need help then I recommend going to Gamefaqs.

With the puzzle solved and all of the spider doors open you can finally leave the hedge maze, which wasn’t much of a maze. It is really easy to learn the layout of this area, so it calling it a hedge maze is insulting to hedge mazes all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment