Spoiler Warning

SPOILER WARNING!!!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!!!

This blog is about the games that I am currently playing. I will discuss story, character events, and anything else that catches my interest as they happen.

This blog is not intended to be a walkthrough or to be a place for tips/tricks. These may get mentioned during my ramblings, but that is not the purpose of this blog.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Endings

I've completed the game with all currently available characters. I want to talk a little bit about the endings in this game. I started out really liking them, but as I slowly completed the game with more and more characters I became more and more bored with them. The worst was on the Marvel side. Most of those were completely in character and treaded old ground. Hooray for Storm talking to her boyfriend Black Panther. Oh look, Captain America is a hero, how nice. At least M.O.D.O.K. stole Galactus' hat.

The Capcom side tended be a little more tongue-and-cheek. Spencer dating She-Hulk, Hsien-Ko writing a comic (that one was great and I don't like Hsien-Ko), Trish hunting Nightcrawler were all good. Oh and Arthur hunting Fing Fang Foom, nice! But Haggar becoming President, Morrigan hanging out at a bar, or Chris arresting Wesker were all very boring and I couldn't wait for them to be over.

These endings should have all been great. No Jean Grey becoming Dark Phoenix, that's boring old retread. But Hulk helping Chris hunt zombies is perfect. They should've had more fun with these. Overall it looks like Capcom was willing to be sillier with their characters, but I get the impression that Marvel wanted their characters treated with "dignity". I'm waiting for Jill and Shuma-Gorath to show up too see how their endings are handled. Overall the bad endings out weigh the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment