Spoiler Warning

SPOILER WARNING!!!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!!!

This blog is about the games that I am currently playing. I will discuss story, character events, and anything else that catches my interest as they happen.

This blog is not intended to be a walkthrough or to be a place for tips/tricks. These may get mentioned during my ramblings, but that is not the purpose of this blog.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

So I Feel Like Posting

Ugh, haven't touched this thing in nearly a year. Happily working and when you throw in my family it all keeps me really busy. Not like I have any followers to worry about right now. Maybe if I was more consistent. So let's talk about some of the games I have been playing recently.

I joined Playstation Plus for the Instant Game Collection. Sadly I missed out on Just Cause 2 but I did get a few others and these will be some really quick thoughts.

Infamous 2: The Continuing Story of Cole McGrath.
My biggest complaint with the first game was the camera and that the entire story was just a big build up for the second game. Well the second game pays off. The camera is still an issue but gameplay is really tight and the story is fantastic. The moral dilemma at the end of the game really works, will Cole save himself or will he save Zeke. Oh and how they tie in The Beast. Well played Sucker Punch.

My only real complaint was the companion switch at the very end of the game. I liked Kuo. I didn't care for Nix, at all. I took the moral high ground so I assumed that I would be fighting alongside Kuo at the very end of the game. Instead I ended up working with Nix and fighting Kuo. Not the type of twist that I really enjoyed.

Saints Row 2: Please Sir, May I Have Another.
I almost turned this game off shortly after starting it. It was the very dated graphics that got to me but then I remembered something I always like to say, "Graphics don't make the game." So I pushed forward with the title and I was well rewarded for it. Saints Row 2 is an excellent game. It's got that level of crazy that I really liked from San Andreas and it wraps it all up in a great sense of style. This game knows what it is and the ludicrousness of what it is all about so it does not hold back. Definitely worth checking it out.

My gripe, cars that purposefully got in your way. I hated when I was doing a chase scene down a busy street and every car seemed to swerve straight for you. I knew there was an issue when I could tell how a car was going to behave. It started to become really easy to guess which ones were going to target you.

Oh, and I went with the British voice. Totally made the game for me.

Starhawk - Single Player: MultiPlayer Training Only. 
Oh geez is this bad. Starhawk is the spiritual sequel to Warhawk, a multiplayer only game that was designed to show off the Six Axis controller. The catch with Starhawk was they added a single player mode! Well good for us. Except that story, characters and overall gameplay just sucks. I can't even tell you the main characters name, only that the story involved him having to kill his brother who was possessed by some Mako Stream energy source stuff.

The game's single player mode is all about teaching you how to play the multiplayer mode. It's roughly 5 - 6 hours long and it gives you all the tips and tricks to survive with your buddies when online. Except that I didn't care. The novel resource management and RTS elements never really seemed to click with me. You could build up energy and drop a turret into the battlefield and that was about all I did. With waves of enemy troops coming I would drop nothing but turrets in the enemy drop zone so they would die immediately. I only used the other options when the game said I had to.

And the flight sections, those just made me miss Star Fox 64.

Well, I will leave it at that for now. I'm playing through Assassin's Creed III at the moment so if I post about that then I will almost feel relevant. I also have a game of Warhammer: Space Marine in the works. *Sigh*


No comments:

Post a Comment