Spoiler Warning

SPOILER WARNING!!!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!!!

This blog is about the games that I am currently playing. I will discuss story, character events, and anything else that catches my interest as they happen.

This blog is not intended to be a walkthrough or to be a place for tips/tricks. These may get mentioned during my ramblings, but that is not the purpose of this blog.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 - Quick Thoughts

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3. Where do I begin with this? I'm going to make this short and quick but I wanted to say something about it.I'm a casual fighting game player so I don't get into the mechanics of it very often. I don't really notice the re-balancing of characters or how some moves have been nerfed. Dante is still a massive powerhouse to me and I still enjoy playing him.

You know what I don't enjoy about this game? Phoenix Wright. What a wasted character he is. He has to be the weakest, most annoying character ever to appear in a fighting game. His mechanics and gameplay are just SOOOOOO awful. I kept trying to see his ending but the way he randomly flails about makes it really hard to attack. I couldn't believe how bad of a character he is. There were so many other characters out there who would've been SOOOOO much better.

I actually enjoy Nemesis though. He's a pretty slick powerhouse of a character. Still not happy with him being another Resident Evil character. We really didn't need 4 of them in this game.

That's probably my biggest complaint with this game though. A lot of the new characters feel like wasted choices. Off hand I would throw out Rocket Raccoon, Phoenix Wright, Nemesis, Vergil, Nova, Iron Fist and Firebrand. Wow that half of the dozen new characters that were added.

Now for who I would've replaced them with? Rogue, Silver Surfer, Blade, Nick Fury, Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Cyclops, Psylocke, Nightcrawler, Black Widow, or Luke Cage would've been better choices on the Marvel side. Seriously they should have just studied Marvel Ultimate Alliance for a great character list. Squirrel Girl should have been the most obvious choice for this game.What a missed opportunity.

For Capcom, how about classic Mega Man (and no, not the crappy North American boxart version. I liked the joke for Mega Man Universe but having that version show up in Street Fighter X Tekken is taking it a lot to far). Rival Schools and Power Stone both had characters ripe for the plucking. How about Regina from Dinos Crisis? Or how about someone from the Onimusha games? Why not someone from the Breath of Fire series? There were so many untouched games with much more potential then what was used.

Part of me hopes for character  DLC in the future but I think Capcom will stick to lame costumes and call it good. (Seriously, why would anyone pay money just to change a costume? That crap should have been included on disc.)

So I fell for the double-dip. That's my choice. What can ya do? I'm just going to have to deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment