Spoiler Warning

SPOILER WARNING!!!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!!!

This blog is about the games that I am currently playing. I will discuss story, character events, and anything else that catches my interest as they happen.

This blog is not intended to be a walkthrough or to be a place for tips/tricks. These may get mentioned during my ramblings, but that is not the purpose of this blog.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Warriors Orochi 3 - The Great Gut Wrench!

Hey. It's been a bit but no one actually reads this blog anyways so I'm not all that concerned. I just felt that typing this out will help me vent a little bit. Maybe fix this bum mood that I'm in. This is probably a very silly reason to upset but I will admit that it did get to me. You see, I'm a big fan of of Koei's Warrior series of games. I was bummed when Samurai Warriors 3 was Wii exclusive (I still think that was a dumb move). But I've been eagerly awaiting the announcement that Warriors Orochi 3 was coming to the U.S and that I could get it for my PS3. On January 23 that announcement finally came!

Man was I excited. It was supposed to launch on March 20th which is right before my birthday so I thought that this was perfect. It would make such a great b-day present. But today I was looking up some info when I ran across the news, some really bad news (to me at least). The game will be released in with Japanese vocal track only.

WTF?!

Now I understand that the Warriors games have become more a niche thing and are no longer the massive seller here in the States that it once was. But now the series has gone super-niche. It will appeal only to those who enjoy subtitles.With the Warriors games being fast paced it's not exactly easy  to read during battle. It doesn't help that I only have a standard def TV and no one makes text readable for those types of TVs anymore. It's really frustrating not being able to tell if it's an 8 or b that's on screen and this isn't going to help me any.

So I'm going to pass on Warriors Orochi 3 for now. My excitement level is completely crushed and I will admit that I feel kind of betrayed by Koei. I've always been a day one purchaser of their product. Now I get that they don't actually owe me anything, but it doesn't change the way that I feel about it. I may still pick it up when it's going for under $20. And then it will probably be used too...

Now if they happen to announce a free English voice pack download to fix this horrendous mistake then I will reconsider my purchasing plans. But at this point I just don't care if they stop releasing the games overseas. I would like to listen to the game in my own language. Anyone else is afforded the same right. Just as I have to forgo my purchase.

Thanks for memories Koei. It was fun while it lasted, but I'm sad to see that you've stopped trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment